Thursday, September 16, 2010

My beginning.

What would I like to accomplish from a blog? A couple directions for writing on a blog would be: a daily diary of my life in a chair, or gathering information from various individuals who have a disability. Is there a way to do both and not sound negative or depressing. Most people have some kind of disability, but may not be as obvious. What exactly is a disability?

Wikipedia states: A disability may be physical, cognitive, sensory, emotional, developmental or some combination of these. I would venture to guess many people would fit under this umbrella of definition.

The interesting part is how we live with the disability. I think many times I live as a survivor, but also as the victim. Victim will jump in my life when "I feel sorry for myself." I read somewhere, the key is to live life to the fullest each day, not as a survivor or victim but as a human being with blessings and challenges.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you this Lori, I really love this

    "The interesting part is how we live with the disability. I think many times I live as a survivor, but also as the victim. Victim will jump in my life when "I feel sorry for myself." I read somewhere, the key is to live life to the fullest each day, not as a survivor or victim but as a human being with blessings and challenges."

    Thank you for being there for me your friendship means so much to me. Can I underline that:))) I have something else going on to and I know you will understand that too when we talk next. I have been realizing I don't have to be a victim and I have been in some certain relationships in my life. Without realizing it ughhhh! Knowing that the next time we do get together and I can freely talk with you and you understand is a blessing. I love you Lori!

    ReplyDelete